Diving Anilao 30th December - 06th Jan 2007. Which Dive sites?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rhadamantus:
cathy is in puerto princesa right? i have a blank dated roundtrip ticket to coron, palawan and i haven't used it yet. its going to expire in february 07!

somebody want to visit and dive in calamian group of islands with me?
i'd love to! got an extra ticket?

Jag

well, i have an extra roundtrip ticket but i believe its non transferrable! (one of the many bad aftermath of my planned august 2006 holiday that went really bad!) and its non refundable! so i am still thinking of writing seair if they could please reconsider transferring the ticket to another passenger's name.

well, i can sell it to someone at a discount! :)

rhadamantus:
well, i have an extra roundtrip ticket but i believe its non transferrable! (one of the many bad aftermath of my planned august 2006 holiday that went really bad!) and its non refundable! so i am still thinking of writing seair if they could please reconsider transferring the ticket to another passenger's name.

well, i can sell it to someone at a discount! :)
hmmmm......... let me see... sounds good

i did promise my wife i'd take her to coron someday

Jag

oh oh, then take her there!

i have a contact number of this guy who operates a boat and well, he has a package where you rent the boat for the entire duration of ur trip and you guys have the option to sleep in the boat or have them set up a tent for u in the islands you would want to spend the night in, they would cook the meals for you (depending on what they can catch) and everything. its the cheapest way to tour all the islands that composed calamian.

rhadamantus:

i have a contact number of this guy who operates a boat and well, he has a package where you rent the boat for the entire duration of ur trip and you guys have the option to sleep in the boat or have them set up a tent for u in the islands you would want to spend the night in, they would cook the meals for you (depending on what they can catch) and everything. its the cheapest way to tour all the islands that composed calamian.
they have portalets all over the calimian island group?

rhadamantus:
cathy is in puerto princesa right? i have a blank dated roundtrip ticket to coron, palawan and i haven't used it yet. its going to expire in february 07!

somebody want to visit and dive in calamian group of islands with me?

Rhada I hope you know that Puerto Princessa is not exactly that near Coron! Busuanga is a separate Island from Palawan and is located at the northern most tip whereas PP is somewhere in the middle.

Take that plane trip its a fun ride in a small airplane :D If your the adventurous kind you would love it there. The plane lands on a small dirt airstrip and when it comes to a halt and the engine stops you will feel like you were transported back in time. You hear nothing but the light blow of the wind. If you get lucky you may chance upon an eagle circling above the picturesque airport. The land trip to Coron town from the airport is very scenic as well. It reminds me of those english countrysides with rolling hills of green meadows and barbed wooden fences.

Just be sure you are not afraid of heights (like I am) as that small plane is a bit sensitive to airpockets and is not cabin pressurized.

rhadamantus:

my wife's very particular about bathrooms (and so is caloy apparently)

but please do send details... malay mo, for the sheer adventure of it we just might give it a spin

do they carry tanks on the boat? :eyebrow:

Jag

Axua:
Rhada I hope you know that Puerto Princessa is not exactly that near Coron! Busuanga is a separate Island from Palawan and is located at the northern most tip whereas PP is somewhere in the middle.

Take that plane trip its a fun ride in a small airplane :D If your the adventurous kind you would love it there. The plane lands on a small dirt airstrip and when it comes to a halt and the engine stops you will feel like you were transported back in time. You hear nothing but the light blow of the wind. If you get lucky you may chance upon an eagle circling above the picturesque airport. The land trip to Coron town from the airport is very scenic as well. It reminds me of those english countrysides with rolling hills of green meadows and barbed wooden fences.

Just be sure you are not afraid of heights (like I am) as that small plane is a bit sensitive to airpockets and is not cabin pressurized.
to add:

as the plane circles lower on its approach you notice that the landscape is nothing like you've ever seen in the philippines (generally green and coastal)... this is dry brown savana... you expect to see herds of wildebeast or zebra to come into view any moment... you're waiting to see a pride of lions attack an unsuspecting calf... you even wouldn't be surprised if you saw a large herd of small dinosaurs grazing the fields...

and when you get off the plane you're half expecting a dark-skinned man with a huge white toothy grin and a hunting rifle over his shoulder to greet you with: "welcome to africa" (visual peg: indiana jones-esque)

flying into busuanga airport was one of my most memorable flights ever

Jag

Back
Top Bottom