Diving and Thinning Hair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In situations where neoprene is not necessary or unwanted, try a simple, inexpensive lycra swim cap. Available in many swim stores or order on line. I use mine in the tropics to keep my scalp from being sunburned.

As you can see from the accompanying link, this is not the rubber swim cap of Ester Williams.

Print Swim Caps : Web's Largest Selection Of Print Lycra Swim Caps

Love 'em! Just ordered 2 for my wife. Thank you.

I have the dee rags but they fall off in the water. I just can't seem to keep it on my head. I'm going to try the Scap.

Hi - I usually wear a bandanna when I'm not wearing a hood - It keeps my hair from getting tangled in my mask strap and in general my hair is in better shape than it is when I don't wear it - I put conditioner in my hair before I go in and that helps too -- but just remind her, noone looks good coming out of the water with snot all over their face . . .

Neoprene baseball caps are available in dive shops. I've worn mine for years. The scuba rags look like they would do the job, too.

BTW, I once came up from a dive and a guy wearing a pink BC told me, "I love this sport! Guys can wear pink and girls can have snot all over their face and no one really cares!" I promptly washed my face. :)

Back
Top Bottom