Diving and snorkeling in Maldives - December - January

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

world_traveler

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm looking for an island with good snorkeling and also a good diving shop and shallow diving sites - till 15m.
Would love to see mantas! Any advice will appreciated.

Hello,

I'm looking for an island with good snorkeling and also a good diving shop and shallow diving sites - till 15m.
Staying in Ari Atoll will be a good choice if you looking to relax and do some moderate dive at same time archive some of the divers dream bucket list encounters. I could offer you Athiri Beach in dhigurah. Where you can get good combination . Whale Shark and Manta are high possibility. If interested drop an email for an offer.

Hello,

You need to say what type of resort you are looking for and what your budget is for Maldives.

For example, Dhigurah is a local island with great diving sites nearby with at least 2 excellent diving operations. But as all of the Maldives is Islamic, you won't find any alcohol on a local island. Wonderful, welcoming, friendly people and a great authentic destination but not a glossy brochure Maldives resort experience.

Staying in Ari Atoll will be a good choice if you looking to relax and do some moderate dive at same time archive some of the divers dream bucket list encounters. I could offer you Athiri Beach in dhigurah. Where you can get good combination . Whale Shark and Manta are high possibility. If interested drop an email for an offer.

Thanks, I'll check it!

You need to say what type of resort you are looking for and what your budget is for Maldives.

For example, Dhigurah is a local island with great diving sites nearby with at least 2 excellent diving operations. But as all of the Maldives is Islamic, you won't find any alcohol on a local island. Wonderful, welcoming, friendly people and a great authentic destination but not a glossy brochure Maldives resort experience.

Thanks! Alcohol is not a problem and neither the glossy resort. We're looking for a nice, super clean, quiet place with wi-fi, western food if possible. Is the coral healthy near Dhigurah?

Thanks! Alcohol is not a problem and neither the glossy resort. We're looking for a nice, super clean, quiet place with wi-fi, western food if possible. Is the coral healthy near Dhigurah?

I mainly dived when I was there, and didn't snorkel at all. But I understand there is good snorkelling on the shore inside the atoll Reef. The outer shore sees more boat traffic.

I have never seen so many whale sharks and as often as my diving there. A number of manta and mobula (devil rays) cleaning stations nearby, so there are many opportunities to see these.

I really recommend these guys: All locals, and in Maldives that makes a big difference.
Island Divers - Dive The Maldives | Diving Maldives | Maldives Scuba Diving & Snorkelling
Email Naushad@... Look for them on Facebook. Great videos !

And I also recommend doing All your local travel bookings through the local guys. They managed to get me onto fully booked flights at short notice and at prices better than the tourist rates. Maldives has different prices for locals vs tourists, even on their local airlines.

One other thing, check the Islamic calendar and try not to travel during Ramadan. You can still dive and snorkel. But everything gets really quiet and many places close.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom