Diving and Small Children

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Having been a boat captain and dive guide for many years I can tell you NO! No one who can be trusted would allow this. The boat crew has stuff to do while people dive, stuff which may include rescues. A far better idea would be to try and find a local baby sitter to watch you're kid for a few hours...maybe craigslist or ask the shop if they can reccomend someone.

I can see it now, head line news: Tech diver with double tanks fell on deck killing 2 year old toddler.

Or: Weight belt fell off bench, crushing the leg of toddler playing on deck.

Or: Unsecured scuba tank rolled and knock 2 y.o. into the ocean.

It's not the Keys, but I noticed that Beaches resort in Turks and Caicos had a small child care service, because they cater to the family. They also had some pretty good diving there. Such services may be available at other resorts that cater to families and divers. Just a thought. (I had to leave my little ones with the ex till they were old enough to certify themselves!)

It's not the Keys, but I noticed that Beaches resort in Turks and Caicos had a small child care service, because they cater to the family. They also had some pretty good diving there. Such services may be available at other resorts that cater to families and divers.

Actually, there are very few resorts that provide child care while parents dive. Most resorts that have a "children's program" start after the dive boat leaves and end before the boat comes back. Beaches is one of the few, and the only one to take really young kids. We have had mixed results with hiring a babysitter. It usually works best when it is a small resort and you hire one of their staff.

Back
Top Bottom