Diving aluminum 80 tank in cold water.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

VooDooGasMan

Contributor
Reaction score
last summer I vip my al80's and failed three, they just need tumbled actually, I use them for air tools at this point. I give 4 to a diver that are good and hydro was coming up. I have three that are in the 2000 something born date, one set is twined, and one single.

I have been diving steel tanks for the last year, except on shallow spear dives, I use al 50's and 63's

Yesterday while doing a series of working dives for a friends project I had to expel the air out of the single 80 so I dove it,
at the end of dive which I always leave a 1000 psi in it, it felt great, it was so lite on my back it was very noticeable, Now I am discouraged, I decided not ever to buy any more tanks, but now I know what the difference is in a new way. Now this is for me and others have there weight distributed in W/I BCD's or not.

Although I pump my own tanks, I only fill when humidity is way down, so it seems I will have to accumulate some more AL 80's for those dives lets say under 200'.

The other plus is there way less weight when hauling several in a boat, and even lighter on the way back.

I will still dive steels but IJS.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom