diving alone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nemrod:
I don't understand this, in a SOLO DIVER forum saying solo diving is "probably stupid". If this where the DIR forum this would have been removed as a troll.
This thread was not started by this poster in the Solo Forum, so cut the new guy some slack. :D A Mod moved it here to help him get some helpful answers. :wink:

Thanks for that, I guess I did not relaize the thread was moved but still, I wish we could get beyond the "is it safe" stuff and talk more about method and places and all that. The safety thing gets tireing and just causes fights. Such threads are banned in the DIR areas because of the same reason, it causes fights.
Any thing you do can be as safe or dangerous as you wish and that includes solo diving. The biggest safety item is the brain between your ears. All the rest is opinion.

Unless I dive with my daughter, girlfriend or brother, most of my dives are Solo Dives.

When on a Spearo dive (75% of dives), I'm Solo, 2 or 3 divers in the same ocean, but solo by all accounts.

I started Solo after 100+ dives and was very familiar with my gear and procedures.

Just get the necesary experience (you'll know when you got it) and if you decide to do it, be aware that you have to be more disciplined and conservative with your plan and under no circumstances violate the plan, if you're not ready to be disciplined, don't do it.

Consider using a surface float in case it's not mandatory in your area, so the cptn of the boat knows where you're and let him know your maximun time underwater so he can pull the line if the time pass and recover what's left of the diver (LOLOL sorry, local club joke). I allways surface 5min or more before the deadline time.

As for alone in your own boat diving, that's just plain stupid in my opinion.

Brand0n:
Has anyone here ever dove alone ? i know its not recommended and probley a stupid thing to do, but i realy wanna get out diving and noone to dive with right now :(

There is nothing better than diving alone, its just so pieceful. I havn't dove with a buddy in over 9 years, and never will again (unless training on a new RB).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom