Diving after surgery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hope so too. Are you going to be going through any chemotherapy or radiation?

Best regards,
DDM
Not too sure at the moment. I find out about the margins etc on Wednesday and will know if I have to receive more treatment. I will update you if you would like once I have more information. Any advice with regards to chemo or radiation therapy and diving may be appreciated when I know a bit more but I am trying not to think about that until I have to. Thanks.

After keyhole kidney surgery the gas ( CO2 ) should be completely reabsorbed by 48 hours or less. Healing of the incisions should be 80% by six weeks and the other 20% over the next year but with laparoscopic surgery, the incisions are small so no real issues with hernia or disruption due to lifting after about 4 weeks from surgery.
Had the keyhole surgery but the exit wound so to speak is about seven centimetres long. I was warned against driving , sex or motorcycling by my surgeon due to risk of hernia . Off games for six weeks sucks donky balls but better safe than sorry I suppose. Many thanks for the information. Iain.

Not too sure at the moment. I find out about the margins etc on Wednesday and will know if I have to receive more treatment. I will update you if you would like once I have more information. Any advice with regards to chemo or radiation therapy and diving may be appreciated when I know a bit more but I am trying not to think about that until I have to. Thanks.

No worries. If you have questions feel free to PM or post them here.

Best regards,
DDM

Back
Top Bottom