Diving a few days after a Hurricane? too churned up? .... what distance effected?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Will try Pickens in the morning. Maybe st Andrews sunday if Pickens is bad

Well, here we are in Orange Beach on Sat. afternoon, three days after Isaac made landfall in NOLA. We called around and could find no boats in Gulf Shores or Pensacola going out until at least Monday. We called a few Panama City Beach shops and a were told by the few that went out, and the vis was 2-3 feet. One shop said that it would be a week before conditions were okay. (sigh)

Dove st Andrews. No viz. shop boats reporting back 2-3 but 10' at the bridge rubble soost headed there tma. I heard Pickens is closed til sept 7. Oh well. I'm having an ice cold beer on Destin Harborwalk so I'm not too bummed.

Any report from Morrison? On my cell and can't get to river level

NM. Heard Morrison is great! Will be there tma

Morrisons: 1 Sep 12

Morrisons is unlimited visibility; the river never really came up at all. The worst thing about Morrison's this weekend is that every student diver in the panhandle is crashing into the silt right at the base of the "go thee to your peril, if ye pass this bucket" sign. It was not that long ago that I was one of those students, crashing into that same silt, though, so I can say that!!! The visibility in the rest of the basin is: Morrisons01Sep12 (83).jpgMorrisons01Sep12 (8).jpg

Last edited:
Sounds like it's improving though.

Hey reefhound-- how long are you in town for? I'm planning a jetties trip on monday the 10th or tuesday the 11th.

Back in Houston already. Might be back late October.

Back
Top Bottom