Divi and checkout dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

highlandfarmwv

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Doses anyone know if you need to call ahead to schedule your first dive (check-outdive) from home? We on't arrive on the island until 8:30pm and our dive package is suppose to have morning dives. Will we aleady be on the list? Thanks.

Which Divi? If it's Bonaire, it's not likely that you'll be on the morning boat as you have to go through BMP orientation first. It's typically done around 9am after the boats leave. For the last part of it, you do your first dive/weight check afterward.

Do you know if they will let you take afternoon boat dives instead of moning ones on that first day, if your dive package just includes accommodations and 6 days of morning boat dives?

Don't know, never dove with them. The 9AM BMP orientation is typical of most ops on the island. Call them:
http://www.diviflamingo.com/diviflamingo/contact.asp

IMO, 6 days of boat dives is excessive. You can do the best of Bonaire boat dives in 4-6 dives max. 4-5 at Klein and once to Rappel. Don't let them take you to the Hooker on the boat, you might meet shore divers there.

If you are staying at the Divi in Bonaire, you should be able to do your check out dive after your breifing and then dive on the afternoon boat dive. The Divi uses a sign up board outside the dive shop. Sign up after you check in the day you arrive. Just make sure you make it to the briefing and take your check out dive that morning. Serg runs a good dive operation. You should have a good time. Have fun.
Regards, Norm

We just got back from Bonaire. Did not stay at the Divi but visited there. You will definitely want to do more shore diving than boat diving. That's what Bonaire is all about. By the way, I am also a registered nurse in WV and love horses. Have a great time! Wish we were still there.

I see you're from Elkins. I'm from near Beckley. Do you ever dive Summersville Lake? It has nice visibiloity for a lake. I can hardly wait for the Bonaire trip. 3 weeks from today! After Bonaire, we fly over to Aruba for a week. I'm eager to try diving there, too. I have found some wonderful snorkel spots in Aruba (Mangel Halto).

Back
Top Bottom