Question Divesoft Liberty Trainers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

$0Diver

New
Reaction score
I have been looking to get into rebreather diving and have decided in the Liberty ccr. (So please no suggestions for other units)

My question is, are there really only a handful of instructors in the United States, or are there more just not listed as instructors on divesoft’s website?

If that is the case it looks like I will have to travel to either Florida or California. Are there any recommendations for instructors, or does anyone know of an instructor that is closer to Washington State.

I have been looking to get into rebreather diving and have decided in the Liberty ccr. (So please no suggestions for other units)

My question is, are there really only a handful of instructors in the United States, or are there more just not listed as instructors on divesoft’s website?

If that is the case it looks like I will have to travel to either Florida or California. Are there any recommendations for instructors, or does anyone know of an instructor that is closer to Washington State.
The ones listed are the only ones I’m familiar with, one of whom is in NY, not that that helps your case. If you reach out to Matej/Travis/Bosquez they can confirm. I’d vet each of the ones on the list as well. Some are much better choices than others, which tightens you down to just a select few.

Seconding @grantctobin
I know just about all of those instructors personally and my list of recommend instructors would be fairly short. Frankly I would really recommend just sucking it up unless you're wanting to do it in sidemount then take the training from Bosquez.

Shoot me an email at joseph.bosquez@divesoft.com and we can chat options for training on the Liberty or I can answer any questions you might have.

Not sure where you ended up but if still considering I wanted to share that I recently went through a similar thought process for a Liberty BM unit. I was a new CCR diver and had a great experience with Joe and Travis at Divesoft. Could not say enough great things about them, the training program and most importantly the unit itself!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom