Dives near Istanbul, Turkey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll second the Saros Bay option and yet strongly suggest traveling to the southern part of the country where water temperatures would be around 24 degree celsius. Fethiye, Bodrum and Kas have great diving sites. In Kas there is even an artificial underwater archeopark where you can dive to the replica of the Uluburun wreck. Other than that Ayvalik in the northern side of Izmir is also a good option where you can dive to red corals.

Oops, I realized that you wrote june and not july. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed your time there and why not to tell about if you were able to dive:wink:

yes, I've been living in Netherlands for one year though. in the abyss of my phd :wink:
where do you live?

My vote is for Marmaris. I dove with divers delight and they were great! The owner is an ex-turkish navy seal and they know how to take care of people. They even cooked us a full lunch between dives and then took us to the bar afterwards, you cant beat them at all. I was just there in June 08, good times!
Mike

ı'm living in izmir...well ı m so close to diving zones:D we've great areas...

I miss my long tiring weekend dive trips from Ankara. Although I'm originally from Izmir, I don't know dive spots around, though. So, enjoy your advantage being close to warm waters :)
Cheers...

Dive in Turkey - Must See KAS

In Turkey, a must see and visit scuba place is KAŞ.
KAŞ is in the first 50 dive sites around the world.

Please check the attachment for Google Earth.

Happy divings...

View attachment KAS-TURKEY.kmz

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom