Dives in Singapore or Malaysia?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I lived in Kuantan and worked in Pekan for a year and a half. Tioman is really nice but I found better vis more north. Redang and a few other islands that we rented boats to take us out were really nice. But Tioman is close to Singapore and convenient.

Haha Hank49, Pekan, the automative "dead" town? Cool then, very close to Mersing. Btw, I live in Kerteh and can't say I am not lucky to have Redang, Tenggol and Perhentian at my doorstep :)

Let me know how it goes, OK? I haven't done many dives, and would appreciate any information on the best sites, accomodations, etc. Thanks, and have a great time!

You are welcome Bob on Cape Cod. You may PM me for questions should you need any.

Checked out absolute scuba and white/black manta. Only absolute has a lob for my time in late June, but my e-mail to them for info. keeps bouncing back! Any other lob operators out of Singapore you'd recommend?

Almost every dive operator in Singapore offers weekend trips from Singapore to either Tioman, Aur, Anambas, Kuantan, etc. Usually you leave on a Friday night and come back on a Sunday night with 6 dives included. The cost and luxury can vary from aboust S$300 - S$750 and "drag you bag across the causeway with 3:00am transfers and old converted fishing boats" to "sail from Singapore and enjoy a massage in your aircon en-suite cabin".

I regularly work on the White / Black Manta boats and their full schedule is not up on the website yet. Have you tried contacting Vincent (vincent@whitemanta.com)or his wife (sharon@whitemanta.com)? I'm sure they could tell you what trips are planned when you are there.

Bob
You can get cheap flight from Singapore to Tioman Singapore $222 plus taxes.
See http://berjaya-air.com/flightschedule.htm

Fly directly to Redang from Singapore the prices are Ringit 700 or about $350 US I think, seems very pricey, I would look at air asia or other airlines possibly via Johor.

Another option is http://www.pinganchorage.com.my/getting_there.htm From here you can access all the northern Islands like Perhentian , Redang and Tenggol Island

Flying is by far the best way if you only have a weekend, best to make it a long weekend.

Another option is to cross from Singapore to Johor in Malaysia. Malaysia Airlines passengers can catch the SPS coach from Singapore to Senai, takes about 2 hours.
You can fly from there to Tawau and on to Sipadan from about 300 Ringit plus taxes or about US $130. See http://www.airasia.com

Try and add a couple of days and make it worth while, how often are you going to be out in this beautiful part of the world.

Tks for the tips, Victor, but I'm already booked with White Manta, which several people on this board and another one have highly recommended.

Back
Top Bottom