• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

diversteve's passing

Discussion in 'Passings' started by Sue/Dave, May 1, 2020.

1. Kharon

Kharon Solo Diver

# of Dives: 200 - 499

Sorry for your loss. Passings are extremely hard, especially when one is so young.

Compressor and KathyV like this.
  2. RainPilot

RainPilot OC/CCR Instructor Trainer Staff Member

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    When I first became a moderator, Steve was the epitome of a kind mentor helping me learn the ropes behind the scenes. It took me a few minutes of denial before I realised that this thread was about him, not some other "diversteve".
    I will miss him.

I am so sorry for you and your family's loss.

3. RyanT

RyanT ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    I'm so sorry to hear this. I had no idea he was sick and indeed, this was way too soon. Diversteve was definitely a pillar here at SB. Deepest condolences to your family, he will be missed.

Compressor and KathyV like this.
  4. morecowbells

morecowbells Regular of the Pub

This is so sad to read. His well thought out responses and answers were probably a big reason why so many people fell in love with the sport of scuba diving and many wonderful experiences to entice them to plan future trips. He always provided accurate and thoughtful information, and he always led people down the right path. If somebody would ask a question (usually from the Curacao forum) which was a head scratcher, Steve would always lay out not only a valuable and diplomatic answer, but also with such warmth and kindness. I know your loss must be devastating, I know Scubaboard will not be the same without him.

5. Blueringocto_73

Blueringocto_73 Banned

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    His posts were a joy to read. He will be missed.

6. boulderjohn

boulderjohn Technical Instructor ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    I am crushed to read this.

letterboy, RyanT, RainPilot and 2 others like this.
  7. Compressor

Compressor ScubaBoard Supporter Staff Member ScubaBoard Supporter

A lot of nice posts above about Steve. Our humanity comes out even more when we loose a loved one.
    Please continue to read his posts on SB and like them as I do for some of the other moderators who are watching us from a diff place.

8. bowlofpetunias

bowlofpetunias Oh no, not again! ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    So sorry for your loss. Please pass on my condolences to his parents as well.

Steve did so much for this community in the forums and behind the scenes. His contribution lives on in many of us Mods and his posts.

The measure of a life is in the legacy left behind. Steve's legacy here is unsurpassed. Not many leave a legacy that spans the globe! I hope his family takes comfort in that.

lowviz likes this.
  9. iamrushman

iamrushman Contributor

so sorry for your loss and my heartfelt condolences to his family and loved ones.....

10. drrich2

drrich2 ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

Sad to read this; he was a big help on the forum, I learned from his posts, and he was the Mod. I preferentially reached out to via private message when I had questions and needed staff input. He had a way of sharing detailed, practical info. on a number of dive destinations, just the kind of info. people needed. He is missed here.

Richard.