Divers-Supply.com, A reputable source?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Togalive

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So I'm getting certified late next month, and I already have my personal gear purchased, so now Im looking to pick up BCD package/setup. I came across Divers-Supply, and they seem to have some good deals, but I am not familiar with the brands they are selling (our only local dive shop only sells ScubaPro), and while they seem to be very competitively priced, I want to make sure that they arent the "Walmart of Scuba", at least not in the quality department. Currently my local shop is selling a basic scubapro BCD, with a regulator, octopus, primary second stage, and a basic gauge console (no digital computer) for about 1,100. And they are willing to throw in a new tank aswell, but that isnt much of a concern to me.

So has anyone had any experience with Divers-Supply? Or the SeaElite, Tusa, Cressi, or Oceanic brands?

In particular, I was looking at the following packages. In particular, the "Standard Package" and the "Premium Package"; but the "Montly Special" or whatever it was looked interesting as well. Which one would you say would be the best value for the price? Or is it even worth buying one from this company (I'd be saving about 500 dollars versus buying the ones from my local dive shop)?

Thankyou!
Austin

I've bought stuff from there. They are reliable. Fast shipment, you can call and get some information.
I prefer some others (Diveriteinscuba, Scubatoys, divegearexpress).

Regarding package ... You are in SB here, so ...what about this one:

TECHNICAL SCUBA BCD PACKAGE @ Divers-Supply.com

:)

Spend a few 10s of hours browsing SB and get a few ideas about what brands to get, depending on where you are, how much, etc ...

And good luck for the future cert and spendings.

Or the SeaElite...

Sea Elite is Divers Supply house brand.

I love where it says "The Sea Elite Rx650 regulator is one of the most powerful regulators on the planet."

I've never heard of a regulator referred to as "powerful" before.

What kind of "power" does a reg have/need?

Why would you need "the most powerful regulator on the planet" anyway?

:confused:

There are some Divers Supply stores located around the US (most, if not all in the southeast). I've shopped at 2 of them and been happy. Never ordered from their website, but have called them to ask for advice and they were very helpful. I believe the have a pricematch guarentee as well.

I'm starting my confined water training next month, as well. I just purchased my basic gear through one of their package deals, but I bought it in the physical Divers-Supply store. I had already been researching gear, and for the most part, the discount of the package deal was pretty hard to beat.

If you're planning to buy it online, the one thing I would recommend is to actually try on the gear first. For example, the mask that I thought I wanted, didn't actually fit my face correctly.

I did find them to be very patient and helpful, though.

Without a doubt, yes!!!

I recommend them to all of my students.

the K

They're fine-----1st time I ordered from them was probably ~ '97 or so.....

To see the Moon.

Ive never ordered from them but I have bought stuff at two of their stores. As far as brands, the brands you listed are mainstream brands except for SeaElite, which was explained earlier. As far as which store to buy from..in my opinion there are two important things to know when buying from a store, return policy and price. I can tell you from experience that I have returned a lot of stuff to both scuba.com and leisurepro.com and never had any trouble.

Back
Top Bottom