Divers Should Be Able To Dive Vandenberg SATURDAY!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hope you all enjoy diving her as much as I did. This wreck will be a great dive, There is so much to see, but as always use your head, She can be very dangerous. Watch your depth. I was at 140 counting holes on the starboard side and I was at least 10 to 15 ft above the sand.

Safe dives
Trtldvr
www.divealive.org

Looks like a great wreck dive! Can't wait to see for myself. Thanks for the update scoop and trtl!

///

Call Captains Corner and get on the Sea Eagle. They have the lowest trip prices on the Island, but the crew is great and they are all about a good time, not raping you for your hard earned money like some other operators in town are doing by hyper-inflating their rates.

305-296-8865 or 305-304-0437

What is the plan for the dishes? Going to reattach to orginal site or strap down to the deck?

What is the plan for the dishes? Going to reattach to orginal site or strap down to the deck?

From what I understand, the dishes were removed from their original mounts, reattached, welded and attached with cables to the deck.

A guy I know told me that they broke off in the sinking... LOL Either wy July is rapidly approacing

From what I've read, you're both right. The dishes were welded in place and cabled or chained to the deck. They broke free of the welds during the sinking. You can see them come off in one of the ariel shots. They apparently remained attached to the cables and are reported to be on the deck.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom