Divers!! Quick, call 911!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Inman

Advisor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Five of us did an 81 min dive tonight, all in a group (2 teams), and all on doubles. It was a drills-and-stuff dive. There was me and my regular buddy, and three guys with less than 10 doubles dives between the three of them.

Anyway, at the end of the dive, four of us shot bags.

I can imagine the guy on shore seeing a rather sizable mass of bubbles from the five of us grouped pretty close together. Suddenly he sees a bright orange bag hit the surface (mine). The bubbles and the bag are not moving. He doesn't know that, 25' below, Bob is struggling to shoot his first bag.

It takes Bob a good five minutes, but eventually, the guy on shore sees another bag pop up. Still the bubbles and bags do not move. Another few minutes go by and another bag pops up (Marks first bag shoot, too). Another minute and my buddy's bag pops up, making four bags floating in a cauldron of bubbles.

This must be when the guy called 911.

You've got to remember, this lake is in northern Idaho, where seeing just one diver is unusual.

When we finally motored into shore and surfaced, the guy yelled down that he had called 911.

"We're fine," I yelled up to him. "Call them back and cancel."

The sheriff never showed up, which makes me believe that our own Gary D. must have taken the call, and got delayed at Crispy Cream. :D

Anyway, has anyone else had any strange reactions from people seeing your underwater antics?

i have to say this is a very funny story to me because im a rescue dive for my county dive team and if this happens well be the ones to show up dont worry if your in my town and we get called well do your second dive with you lol

did he get the call out to cancel or did the cops just never show up? funny story.

haha. great story

only the course director that said I could not ride the sled behind the lifeguard's jetski, cause I might fall off. I told him I had a Bungeed reg! He said it set a bad example. Otherwise..my life is pretty boring.

catherine96821:
only the course director that said I could not ride the sled behind the lifeguard's jetski, cause I might fall off. I told him I had a Bungeed reg! He said it set a bad example. Otherwise..my life is pretty boring.
Hahaha

hehehehehe What time was that? I'll check with dispatch to see what happened.

I didn't hear the call because I'm back on Graveyard and we didn't get paged.

The best one we ever pulled was many many moons ago. We put plywood shark fins on and went crusing by the city beach swim area. :rofl3:

The White House just opened up the Oval Office in the old original White House building.

Gary D.

Sounds like a great dive story it would only have been funnier if you were posting this from the jail. Just kidding great police response time.

Gary D.:
... The best one we ever pulled was many many moons ago. We put plywood shark fins on and went crusing by the city beach swim area. :rofl3: ...
Don't try that in LA (Lower Alabama)! You'll have four guys leveling thirty-ought-sixes at you and five more with snag hooks after you :D
Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom