Diver's Cove

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mccabejc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
As mentioned before, Headhunter and I took a stroll over to Diver's Cove on Saturday, and it looks like a real nice place to dive. Nice beach, easy entry/exit, protected from waves, nice shallow reef with some good snorkeling for the family, etc. Anyone have any thoughts/comments on Diver's Cove? Especially parking. When we were there on Saturday afternoon, there were some available metered spaces. Think it will get filled up in the morning?

By the way, here's a link to a description and map of the dive site for those who haven't been there before:

http://www.saintbrendan.com/cdnaug03/DvrsCv.html

I'm planning on diving there this weekend if anyone wants to join me. Headhunter? ScotM? Anyone else?

mccabejc:
...Anyone have any thoughts/comments on Diver's Cove? Especially parking.

Divers Cove and Fisherman’s Cove, the entrance of which is 10 yards away are both great dives. We often enter Divers and exit Fisherman’s. There is a good bit of reef structure. Now a word about the reef structure. There is a huge rock formation with the top located just under the surface a few feet with canyons running thru it. Diving the canyons is fun , getting stuck on top, is not. There is also a wash rock to watch out for over by Fisherman’s. In the middle of the rock formation is a large star shaped room.

Parking, parking is usually a challenge at this location. And is limited in duration. Bring quarters and someone to move the car if you are going to stay for two dives.

I can go on Saturday, but not Sunday. For that matter, Friday looks good too!

This is, of course, weather and conditions permitting. We're supposed to get rain through Wednesday and it's supposed to be sunny by Thursday and on through the weekend. I'm not sure about predictions on surf and surge.

Christian

Saturday looks good for me, too. Can't make Friday. Probably not Sunday either. How about two tanks on Saturday, maybe an 8:30 start?

mccabejc:
Saturday looks good for me, too. Can't make Friday. Probably not Sunday either. How about two tanks on Saturday, maybe an 8:30 start?
I'm there for 2 tanks! ...well, 1 tank and I'll get it filled during the SI.

Jim, it looks like you and I are just going to work our way down the coast 1 dive site at a time! When swells approach from the south, I'd like to do the same with all of the sites starting in Palos Verdes and working our way north.

Maybe this winter we can do every well known dive site from Ventura County to the Mexican border, while hooking up with ScubaBoard divers all across SoCal! :crafty:

Christian

Works for me. When I grow up I want to be like Pasley, and have tried just about every dive site on the coast. :D

Speaking of which, Friday morning early how about the breakwater in Santa Monica?

pasley:
Speaking of which, Friday morning early how about the breakwater in Santa Monica?

If all goes well with my schedule, I will join in for the breakwater. Where are you planning on parking/entering, the parking lot below the north side of the pier?

Roland

Parking in the north lot below the pier. I am told the best plan is to enter the water as far away from the pier as possble. The current should drift us toward the pier and hit the breakwater at the end of the pier. Then proceed against current back to the north and drift back on the current to the beach near the pier.

But, since I have never been there before, this is all speculation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom