Divers "arrested" at Shark's Cove?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is there any real info on this yet?

I spoke to several HPD peeps, and the only thing they really do enforce is gill net size, etc., which they still try to refer to DLNR. Dog on leash, drinking on beach, HPD enforces. Diving related issues DLNR does the work. Therefore, if said story is true, I can only say that the 4 divers lost their gear to individuals either perpetrating HPD, or they were really DLNR officers...dressed looking like HPD....or as mentioned, may be fake story...

catherine96821:
so, you think they were spearing? That would make sense actually.

Sort of like dealing drugs and getting your yacht nabbed and auctioned off.

There is a politcal rub over there at the moment if ya'll remember Drew's post. Many of the Hawaiians don't appreciate being told not to take fish, you know.

Those gill nets? Thats a local thing, try and tell them to stop in Kahuku.

So are you saying that Hawaiians just don't care about fishing regulations?

In Norway lobstering in scuba gear can also result in getting all your gear confiscated, including any form of transportation used to get to the site..
So if you ever see a nice black one if youre around here.. Id suggest leaving it down there..

The story about the divers who lost their gear over a dive flag seems VERY excessive to me tho, regardless of where it happened..

I would bet there's way more to this story than we've been told. You can bet if those divers had their gear nabbed and they didn't feel it was justified, they would be pitching an absolute fit. I know I would.

Interesting that the OP has been absent since the first post.

photohikedive:
not entirely true, the OP posted twice
My bad.:D

Let me clarify. He didn't give us any updated info, just made scarcastic remark.

Jcsgt:
Interesting that the OP has been absent since the first post.

Sorry I can't live on SB all day and went more than 12 hrs without a 'bump' to the thread. But I still have no more info.

No, the story doesn't make sense.
Yes, there are things we don't know about this that might put it in context.
Or, it might be complete BS.

Which is why I asked if anyone had heard anything.

Life beyond Scubaboard? You're kidding, right?

Have you been able to talk to your friend anymore?

Back
Top Bottom