DiveRite wing repair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lukiedukie

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
HI all I have a DiveRite wing that has a hole in it. Is there a way to repair it? bicycle tire repair kit or what?

Aquaseal would probably work OK for a pinhole. But the tire patch should do the job as long as a seam or valve is not in the way. If a pinhole, I'd try the Aquaseal first because it is easier (and sitting in my frig). If it failed, I'd resort to the patch. I'll see you at the Stetson trip.

not sure what the material is, but you could most probably glus a piece of material over the hole using drysuit repair glue... seal cement / rubatex or something similar that sticks to the material. Make sure that you test that the bond is good before you rely on the wing.

I repaired an older horsecollar bladder by cutting patches from a donor bc bladder, and aquasealing it over the hole. Because I am paranoid, each hole had a patch on the inside and the outside, so they were double layered. It seems to work great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom