diverite vs scubapro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

avenlay

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm thinking of buying a reg...but can't really decide between a scubapro mk25/s600 and a diverite rg2000....what do you guys think?

I'm looking for something that I'll be satisfied with long term...don't intend to upgrade after that.

Something that would work well in cold water and with nitrox would be a good bet...as well as reliability.

I use the Mk25s for backgas and the DRs for deco/stage. I've met other divers who use the DRs for backgas and the Mk25s for deco.

DR sells rebuild kits on the open market, very nice! One can get SP kits, but you'll have to work at it.

Other than that they seem to be equivalent.

Peter

Either will satisfy you in the long term. Buy based on price and availability of service.

I've been using the SP MK17/S600 and LOVE it. I can't tell the difference between that and the MK25/S600 combo. The MK17 is better for cold water and it's cheaper too! The only advantage the MK25 has over the MK17 is it can be cleaned for 100% O2. Along those lines, I kept my MK25 and am having it O2 cleaned for 100% O2 on the boat and then for deco gas.

The owner of my LDS sells both SP and DiveRite. He uses SP. That was the difference for me.

On a side note, ScubaPro has been one of the best companies I have ever dealt with. I have had a couple very minor issues and they handled them quickly and better than I was even expecting. Their customer service is awesome!

Dive Rite is one of a very few distributors that supports DIY service with both parts and excellent instructions available online. I expect Scubapro will be among the last to take such a step. However, Scubapro is so common that it is not too difficult to find repair documantation and annual service kits. But SP probably has the largest world wide distribution network so tech service should be readily available in most areas.

So if DIY is important to you, go with DR. If availability of tech service is key, then go with SP.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom