Diverite Lift bag mounting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divermasterB

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hi, I am setting up my BP/Wing w/Doubles and I was curious where I should put my dive rite lift bag.

I have the one with the sleeve. It seems like it was desgined to mount to the bottom of the backplate?

If so, what do you recommend I use to make the attachement? Bungie? Line? Duct tape?

Thanks

You CAN use bungee or surgical tubing or just zip tie it to the BP.

I have found that the zip ties break all to easily... I would recommend using something a little more sturdy... i.e.-- bungee or surgical tubing.

Or, you could just put the LB in your drysuit pocket, like some people are going to tell you anyways...

Here they come, duck...

divermasterB once bubbled...
Hi, I am setting up my BP/Wing w/Doubles and I was curious where I should put my dive rite lift bag.

I have the one with the sleeve. It seems like it was desgined to mount to the bottom of the backplate?

If so, what do you recommend I use to make the attachement? Bungie? Line? Duct tape?

Thanks

All those questions should have been covered in a tech class.

I am getting ready for the IANTD deep/ advanced Nitrox courses.

I am getting ready for the IANTD deep/ advanced Nitrox courses.

You may find the sleeve too confining when you retrieve the bag to deploy. If so, two loops of surgical tubing, with the trailing one twisted once, may work better. You'll most likely have to play with how you roll the bag, etc to make it reachable. Don't make the loops too small or you'll never pull the bag out. I'd have all the stuff with you, then ask your instructor what he recommends.

And, as Lubold said, putting it in your DS pocket works too :)

Have fun in class

MD

Thanks for the advice. All good ideas.

I am really excited about these classes. I have been diving for 7 years and worked my way up to Instructor. I am ready to step it up a notch and take on some more challenges, and see some more interesting sites.

Thanks for the advice. All good ideas.

and see some more interesting sites.

With tech diving you'll get to see the inside of your wallet alot.

MD

I used to carry mine bungeed to the bottom of the back plate but the whole butt mount thing caused more problems than it was worth. It was very streamlined but was hard to get to and caused problems on the boat.

I now carry it on the side of the tank tucked into the corner formed by the tank and the wing and secured with two loops of surgical tubing. It is still fairly streamlined and is snag free as long as the bolt snap is tucked to the inside. It is also very easy to deploy and secure enough that I have never lost one.

But I would not worry about it too much. Where the instructor wants you to put it will be covered in the course.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom