DIVERITE? Forcefins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Dive Girl, if you have seen them then you know I'm the king of all things silly! I'm just mad that USIA doesn't make a heavy enough pink cordura for my new drysuit. I'm going to have to go with Road Cone Orange or purple. Nothing lightens the mood for students like a fat bald guy wearing pink jammies with kittens all over them :)

avenlay:
Was just curious what everyones thoughts were on DIVERITE regs and BCD's? I've heard they are good but not many people use them over here.

Also, are forcefins really as good as they claim?
I like both the DR transpac and Force fins. Force fins take some getting used to. Use them a dozen times, and really give them a chance. Once I did, I found myself more mobile, doing moves I couldn't with other fins, and I've never had a cramp using them, even doing 5 dives a day on vacation last Feb.
Force Fins are like the New York Yankees or Jeff Gordon in NASCAR, you either love them or hate them.
C-Dawg

... They require a strong kick ...
Hmmm... The Force Fins felt too soft for me, but I guess after the "Giant UDT Duck Feet" that are stiff enough to hammer nails with, anything would feel soft.
I got 'em for my buddy 'cuz he'd always ask me to fix the dang buckles on his Tupperware Fins. :wink:

Bob3:
Hmmm... The Force Fins felt too soft for me, but I guess after the "Giant UDT Duck Feet" that are stiff enough to hammer nails with, anything would feel soft.
I got 'em for my buddy 'cuz he'd always ask me to fix the dang buckles on his Tupperware Fins. :wink:
Voit fins. You are an old-timer, aren't you. If you're diving with hatch-covers for fins, you probably think pretty much everything is too soft. :wink:

There may have been a better way to say what I meant - the idea I was trying to get across is that if you're trying to get somewhere in Force fins, slow and gentle strokes aren't the way - you need to kick like you meant it. They're pretty good for precision work, sculling and backwards kicks but are going to give your legs a workout if you're going for speed or distance.

As for myself, I'll stick with my own version of hatch-covers: I've still got the first set of scuba fins I purchased: 1971 JetFins.

Bob3:

I dive both the UDT fins (Giant DuckFeet) and I also use Force Fin pros. I like both for different reasons. The UDTs are among the most powerfull fins you can use if you have the muscle but they can be tiring. The ForceFins are exactly the opposite and never tiring. Force Fins are not real good on the surface unless you flip over onto your back. N

I like the DR reg, easy to work on and get parts for. I use them for deep dive and in cold water all the time and never had a problem.

About the Forcefins divers seem to like or hate them. I never try them myself because I like my Jetfins too much.

I love my force fins. I had a cheap pair of fins that I used for my first 15 dives or so and I was cramping up all the time. Then I tried out a pair of force fins and they just felt better. If you get a chance you should at least try them out to see how well you like them. The bungee straps are really nice too, it makes them super easy to put on.

Back
Top Bottom