DIVERITE? Forcefins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

avenlay

Registered
Reaction score
Was just curious what everyones thoughts were on DIVERITE regs and BCD's? I've heard they are good but not many people use them over here.

Also, are forcefins really as good as they claim?

LOL,

I've been getting very good feedback on the DR regs. I'm a very choosy buyer and they are one of only 2 brands I am considering. The other being Zeagle. This is not to say that there aren't other top brands of regs out there.. these are just the two that are best for me at this time.

DR BCDs?? Do you mean the Transpac, RecPac, or Backplate/wings? Very different. I've tried on a transpac and it was very comfy. I haven't tried it underwater though. I have also tried on a transplate. I bought a BP/W though for my own use. And not a DiveRite, though I think the DR BP/W are just fine.

Best of luck!

They make great regs and BC. Force fins suck. They are made for people with bad kicks plus they look just plain stupid.

...says the man wearing pink. :D

I've heard good things about the Dive Rite regs. I might just buy one myself.

I like Dive Rite's regs, they're kind enough to sell service kits so that puts them in high regard in my book.
Force Fins are one of those "love 'em or hate 'em" things. I'm a Duck Feet diver, love those stiff old boards on the end of my legs.
I did set a buddy up with some Force Fins & he loves the things, and he dives fast current areas a lot.

I love my DiveRite 2500-Ice regulator. Didn't think anything could replace my beloved Scubapro Mk-10 but the DiveRite has :)
Ber :lilbunny:

avenlay:
Was just curious what everyones thoughts were on DIVERITE regs and BCD's? I've heard they are good but not many people use them over here.

Also, are forcefins really as good as they claim?
Dive Rite makes some solid gear - their regulators and BC's may not be top shelf but they aren't far behind.

Force Fins are difficult for most people to use. They require a strong kick and are excellent for fast starts, quick turns and fine positioning control but are correspondingly hard on leg muscles - they aren't very efficient. Definitely a specialty fin that most folks don't adapt to well. Those that make the switch tend to love them, however.

Wearing pink only proves that I know stupid when I see it! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom