Diver recovered after 13 years

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are we sure that this was not 4 degrees Kelvin? Not sure what undergarments you would need for that...?

He was essentially frozen 4 degrees f is -15 degrees c

Actually, 4 degrees C = 39 degrees F. Not quite freezing, but very cold.

Sigh... So if he had said 10 degrees it would have thrown you? I mean the density point is interesting but not germane to the rather silly tangent we are on.

Hmm lets see, when I'm in the US and I'm looking at the weather and they say 10 degrees I assume they mean F. and if I'm on one of the Islands and they say 10 degrees I assume they mean C!! so does that answer your question SA!! If someone from another country asked me the bottom temp of Lake Michigan the answer would be 4 degrees C / 39 degrees F so there would be no confusion! now lets move on.

Fresh water with low O2 and/or high mineral content will preserve for a long long time, sometimes for thousands of years:
In the late 1950s William Royal and other scuba divers found artifacts and human bones from at least seven individuals in Warm Mineral Springs. A partially burned log found in association with some of the human bones was radiocarbon dated to about 10,000 years ago. If the bones were the same age as the log, then the bones were the oldest known evidence of human occupation in Florida at the time. Bone artifacts recovered in association with the human bones were described as of "Archaic period in the Americas-type". The bones and artifacts were apparently deposited above the water level in the sinkhole at the time.[9]
One skull recovered from under sediment about 40 feet (12 m) under the present water level in the sinkhole contained organic matter. Hospital medical staff who examined the contents of the skull observed that it looked like a brain. One doctor reported that he could distinguish the cerebellum from pieces of the cerebrum. A section through the material also appeared to show grey and white matter. Tests were consistent with the material being brain matter, but no cellular structure could be observed.[9]

Doppler is actually a native Brit that lives in Canada. We'd like to claim him as a Yank but he still thinks football is played without pads, cheerleaders, felony convictions, or multi million dollar salaries.

Doppler is actually a native Brit that lives in Canada. We'd like to claim him as a Yank but he still thinks football is played without pads, cheerleaders, felony convictions, or multi million dollar salaries.

when I saw
Location East Coast North America and Great Lakes Basin I assumed US, which in turn made me assume Fahrenheit my bad.

Thanks Jim.... and YOU GUYS!!!!!
:D

Yep, I speak SI units (metric) and God Save the Queen (imperial) and figured since the OP was from a metric-speaking country (because he was not from the US or Burma)!!!) he'd be happy with 4C... sorry for the confusion! LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

---------- Post Merged at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:38 PM ----------

when I saw
Location East Coast North America and Great Lakes Basin I assumed US, which in turn made me assume Fahrenheit my bad.

I would just like to say that regardless of where I live, my heart is in the South...

Back
Top Bottom