Diver recovered after 13 years

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

that explains the "where he remained to compress – a requirement in deep dives" ...
:banghead:
Didn't you people take physics at school?
He was found at about 200', seen at 225' in 2002, he was last seen alive at 80' the actual dive was only 175' so what are you talking about?:confused: My answer was to the question about the temp at 200' and the body being able to be preserved, what does that have to do with decompression?

at 0C degrees, fresh water freezes.

at -15C degrees shouldn't the surrounding water be ice cubed so to speak ?

ah that clears it 4c degrees is just cold not freezing

I was being sarcastic. Surely Doppler meant "four degrees Celcius".

Being that doppler is from the US I would assume he meant Fahrenheit, and the poster that asked the question was from the Philippines I assumed he meant Celsius. Maybe Doppler, or someone else from that area can clear that up for us.

at 0C degrees, fresh water freezes.

at -15C degrees shouldn't the surrounding water be ice cubed so to speak ?

ah that clears it 4c degrees is just cold not freezing

Probably not if if there is current and it's that deep, remember water usually freezes at the top, this is how people go ice fishing.

Being that doppler is from the US I would assume he meant Fahrenheit, and the poster that asked the question was from the Philippines I assumed he meant Celsius. Maybe Doppler, or someone else from that area can clear that up for us.

Since 4f clearly makes no sense (that is WELL below freezing) I assumed that doppler did what I usually do...use a unit of measure familiar to the audience. Units of measure are interchangeable so it is no big deal to switch to units familiar to your audience.

Since 4f clearly makes no sense (that is WELL below freezing) I assumed that doppler did what I usually do...use a unit of measure familiar to the audience. Units of measure are interchangeable so it is no big deal to switch to units familiar to your audience.

Water is heaviest at 4 degrees Celsius (39 F) and that is the temperature at all ocean and deep lake bottoms. Water at that temperature simply sinks and stay there. Now we don't have to assume anymore.

Oh for goodness sakes, people, it is 4 degrees Celsius, 39 degrees F at depth.

Doppler spends a lot of time on the Canadian side of the Great Lakes and rivers and we've adopted him, so I'm pretty sure he was referring to 4 degrees celsius, too.

Wow, hard to believe some people did not figure out he meant Celsius. Amazing how the thought process gets tunnel visioned some times. That was a no brainer

Water is heaviest at 4 degrees Celsius (39 F) and that is the temperature at all ocean and deep lake bottoms. Water at that temperature simply sinks and stay there. Now we don't have to assume anymore.

Sigh... So if he had said 10 degrees it would have thrown you? I mean the density point is interesting but not germane to the rather silly tangent we are on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom