Diver missing at Blue Heron Bridge?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bilsant

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
LImited info from the local news. Older experienced diver reported missing by his dive buddy/niece at around 9:30 this morning. Anyone have any more info? Apparently they've switched from rescue to recovery mode.

Curious to know what happened. The diver was experienced and in good health. I can't seem to find anymore information on the incident other than he disappeared and body was found later.

Had to be a medical issue don’t you think? That place is a swimming pool! Unless his dive flag got caught and dragged by a boat…

Yes, completely agree. I just didn't want to assume, but it makes the most sense.

The east end near Singer island has some stiff southward current if you wandered outside of the diving area or near the channel. At outgoing tide at 9:30 am that Friday it is going east in the diving area and south near the channel. The guess is that our diver followed his niece so he was not seen.... swimming against the current at the end of the drift dive assuming they started west and going east like most divers. Might have overexerted himself following his younger niece... and likely had a cardiac event. I heard that his tank was full and he was wrapped in his line and flag. It is an easy dive only if you timed it well and not get into the current of the channel at the west end. Some divers like to swim out to the channel and see the wreck out there. I think there is a white sail boat anchored to it. It is not on the map ... but I have seen some folks diving out there to look at it. It will be only time that some young snorkeler gets caught in that current and get distressed.

Really regretting that I read this thread. To think of his last moments and wrapped in his line. :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom