Diver Indicted in 2003 GBR mishap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:eyebrow:The crime was commited here so justice:angrymob: should be rendered here so everyone:angrymob:bring him on over. I wonder:daydreaming: if he will wink at us :)and stretch his arms out :happywave:as he sinks to the bottom like he says Tina did?:eyebrow:

How sad that this poor family cannot have any closure, and I wouldn't be surprised if they find out the husband was the one to desecrate the grave again. Sounds terrible, but maybe the family should try to legally have her body removed and reburied with their own family somewhere.

Totally agree! But I suspect the problem is that they can't her grave disenterred unless he (as her widower) consents to it. I suspect though, they are trying to get a court order showing she should be moved - and the location hidden from Gabe. My fingers are crossed on this one!

Trish

Totally agree! But I suspect the problem is that they can't her grave disinterred unless he (as her widower) consents to it. I suspect though, they are trying to get a court order showing she should be moved - and the location hidden from Gabe. My fingers are crossed on this one!

Trish
I had the same thought ... he probably has all the legal rights - unless he gets convicted, which looks like a very slim chance at this point.

Does anyone know what agency certified him? I saw a report on the TV news that said he had a rescue diver rating. I would like to see his card pulled and he should be expelled from the agency that certified him if he IS rescue certified. That should happen even if he is found innocent of of any charges in a court of law. The agency that certified him should have by now, years after this happened, done an investigation into what he DID NOT do to save her. I am sure he did NOTHING. I saw him on TV saying he tried to save her but could not. What a puss. I pulled a woman from 130 feet when her drysuit was full of water, she was out of air and overweighted. I did that when I was 50+ years of age. --- And she LIVED, and later laughed about it.

Which brings this too mind-- Do agencies have protocall for expelling a diver? My bet is they do for an instructor.

In amongst all the posts wishing bodily harm to Gabe Watson, and how his rating agency should expel him I think it is worth mentioning he is still an innocent man, until proven guilty in a court of law.

Although I agree the evidence as posted here looks compelling I realise there is quite probably a lot more we havn't seen and this is certainly not an open and shut case (the duration between incident and extradition confirms that).

Although I agree the evidence as posted here looks compelling I realise there is quite probably a lot more we havn't seen and this is certainly not an open and shut case (the duration between incident and extradition confirms that).

OR, it could be that his lawyer is going a good job !

:blinking:All joking aside:shakehead: It is someone's job to make sure he gets Justice and that Tina and his family also get justice. We can't say for sure:idk: if he did or didn't do it without all the evidence. Certainly looks like he either did it or was at least criminally negligent. The process must be carefully followed to avoid having him get off on a technicality. I guess we will just have to trust the authorities to follow due process.:blinking:

In amongst all the posts wishing bodily harm to Gabe Watson, and how his rating agency should expel him I think it is worth mentioning he is still an innocent man, until proven guilty in a court of law.

I was going to put that out, but given this crowd, I didn't see any point. They have convicted him already - nothing will change that.

Once in my life, I was accused of arson. Looked pretty guilty too. However, fact is, I had absolutely nothing to do with it, and knew absolutely nothing about it. An odd set of circumstances merely made it look like I did. Fortunately, the police (or DA) didn't quite have a case and I was never charged. Nevertheless, my life became unpleasant for a few months.

The process must be carefully followed to avoid having him get off on a technicality.
Those same "technicalities" protect ALL of us. Consider - your spouse is found shot dead in a parking lot. Please have no specific (and good) reason to think you did it - but they search your house without a warrant anyway and find the gun. Guy is guilty - so what difference does it make, right? Yeah - until the police learn that they can search any house at any time, with impunity. The "nothing to fear, nothing to hide" mentality may have been popular with the ******* (why the hell is the name of the German secret police censored out????), and more lately with Bush & Co., but it's hardly good national policy.

As for his lawyer doing a good job - people always hate lawyers, until they need one.

So - having been there, done that - I'm willing to wait until after someone has been convicted before I hang him.

:blinking:Oh I have to agree ND. I am not sure if you have read the entire thread but I have posted before on this Thread that I am glad it ISN'T me on the jury. It will be a tough one. I do believe he has a lot to answer for. I can not conclude for sure if he failed Tina deliberately or through incompetence without evidence I am not party to. Either way there is no question he played a significant role in the outcome. I will never understand how he could leave his new wife. I can't understand how he could stay on the other boat while they were working on her then go over after he was told she was dead. It is the inconsistencies that bother me a lot.

Tina's parents have been a driving force behind the investigation so I can see him being upset with them. The pictures of him removing the flowers from the grave are pretty clear. I think that act is pretty nasty but who knows what each of us are capable of if pushed hard enough:shakehead:

As I stated in my last post I hope Gabe, Tina and the family get justice. You are right technicalities protect the innocent and the guilty use them where they can. It goes back to hope that Justice is done. I don't think the time delay indicates guilt or innocence just a cautious system proceeding at it's pace:blinking:

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom