Diver in training

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LoungeLizard

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am currently working on my OW/Nitrox cert and am looking for local dive areas or groups going to FL. I am going to do my OW cert dives at Vortex (I am originally from that area), but would like to know if there is anything local where I can get my fins wet that wouldn't be too challenging to a new diver. I am in Opelika.

Thanks,
Kris

LoungeLizard:
Hello everyone. I am currently working on my OW/Nitrox cert and am looking for local dive areas or groups going to FL. I am going to do my OW cert dives at Vortex (I am originally from that area), but would like to know if there is anything local where I can get my fins wet that wouldn't be too challenging to a new diver. I am in Opelika.

Thanks,
Kris
Welcome Aboard Kris,

I think the closest local place to you is going to be Blue Water Park just south of Birmingham in Pelham.
Luke (former resident of Waverley Alabama just a few miles from Opelika)

Don't forget Lake Martin. Rick Murchison and Tom Smedley dive there frequently. Auburn University does there checkout dives there as well.

I dive the FL panhandle quite a bit if you ever want to head out there or to the northern Gulf Coast.

Welcome to ScubaBoard

I lived in Auburn for a bit while enrolled at AU.

LoungeLizard:
.......... I am in Opelika.

Thanks,
Kris

Welcome aboard. I lived in Auburn for 3 years while attending AU. I'm planning to be at Rainbow River, FL in Jan and Vortex in March. Plan on diving Alabama Blue Water this Saturday. Haven't dove Lake Martin yet.

Thanks for the invites Bugman and Rocketman. I may look you up soon. I plan on getting some dives under my belt in the springs before I head out to the gulf, plus I am considering caves or at least caverns (we'll see!). I will probably be going down after the first on my weekends off.

Luke, I used to live in Waverly before I move in to the big city of Opelika.

Head over to Adventure Sports in Auburn. They take many trips from Florida to the Caribbean. They are good guys and will take care of you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom