Diver in the Shot.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like this one, despite the diver being headless, mainly becaue it gives a sense of scale. it was taken on the GBR in July

A diver is a key element to many wreck photos. I've rarely encountered a shot that was not better, or could not be made better, without a diver in it.

rae-sternable.jpg

boland-light.JPG

keystorm-fins.jpg

munson-sorting.JPG

I don't mind seeing divers in wreck photos, most of the time. :wink: Silhouettes can be beautiful, too. What I really don't like are the staged pictures with a diver looking into a sponge, at a fan, out a porthole, etc. Rarely does anyone look good in a mask and reg and to me they are totally distracting in an otherwise good picture.

I like to put divers in shots when it adds a sense of size. Here's a shot of my fiancee diving the Grotto in Saipan. No rabbit ears on this one, though!

Marpacifica, Great example of the right way to use a divers silhouette in a Photo - I love it!:)

Thanks, ScubaSky! Don't try to get me to do that ice diving though. Even though I dived Monterey a lot before coming out here, I've turned into a coldwater wimp diving in the Marianas.

Back
Top Bottom