Diver in the Shot.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A good friend on the PC03 Dive trip.

S. Devon Asked
ssra30 Wow huge what is it ? type of shark guessing !

It's a Whale Shark (Appropriately named)
Rare Encounter! Great Shot I love it! ssra30

I am headed to Thailand in Feb. Hope to bring back a similar Pic. This is the perfect way to use a diver in the photo, you would never be able to tell how large the Whale shark was if there were no diver in the photo.

ScubaSky once bubbled...
S. Devon Asked

I am headed to Thailand in Feb. Hope to bring back a similar Pic. This is the perfect way to use a diver in the photo, you would never be able to tell how large the Whale shark was if there were no diver in the photo.

If you go to Richeliue Rock next February, I think you will have a chance. For some reason, this year whale sharks came a bit late, more like half way through April both in the Andaman Sea (Similan, Richeliue, Phi Phi) and Gulf of Thailand (Koh Tao).

Here's a couple. Not the greatest, bet thematically correct anyway :wink:

fish04.jpg

jellies.jpg

The last one is not jellyfush. They are Pelagic Tunicates. They make several different formations when forming their communities.

Humann's Reef Creatures. Pg. 420

elshiznit once bubbled...
They look pretty cool, some sort of jellyfish

That was taken at Bonaire, near 1,000 steps or whatever that site is called as I recal.

Dee's corrrect. They aren't really jellies. That was the only time I have ever seen them that massed together before. I have seen them in much smaller groups, but usually only one or 2 at a time.

P1010143_jpg.jpg

My favorite way to spend my SIT.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom