Diver in Glass

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaBabe22

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Good Afternoon, Morning yall:)

I am going to be in Denver, CO the 2-8th of August. While the boy I am visiting is not certified (something that will be changed quickly), I want to go to the aquarium in Denver. Instead of diving with the fishies & sharkies, we might go snorkling instead. Has anyone done this? is it worth the time and money? I think it looks awesome, but then again, I haven't done it before... any thoughts?

http://www.aquariumrestaurants.com/downtownaquariumdenver/pdf/SwimFish.pdf

Has anyone done it anywhere else and had an opinion on it?:coffee:

I think that program just got started last weekend, so very few have done it yet. Scott Taylor of A-1 is involved, so I suspect it will be well done.

Two of my good friends have done the dives and report that they are absolutely fabulous. They said that they have never had animal encounters to equal what they experienced in the aquarium. There are huge sand tigers in the tank as well as a sawfish, just to name a few. I'm looking forward to doing the shark dive as soon as I can. Sounds really cool to me.

PF:14:

I am interested in doing this at some point. The price is steep but it sounds like fun. I was thinking of doing it this winter when there are not too many other options.

DD

pipefish:
Two of my good friends have done the dives and report that they are absolutely fabulous. They said that they have never had animal encounters to equal what they experienced in the aquarium. There are huge sand tigers in the tank as well as a sawfish, just to name a few. I'm looking forward to doing the shark dive as soon as I can. Sounds really cool to me.

PF:14:

Unforunately, I have to do the snorkeling, or leave the boy "high and dry", but I plan on diving down and seeing some of the cooler things. I'm glad people have said its worth it!:D I wish I could do the diving... I wonder if there was any way I could dive while he snorkeled???:confused:

God, I miss the water:(

I think the snorkel encounter is in the "Sea of Cortez" exhibit and currently the dives / snorkel encounter don't run at the same time.... You should give them a call and see if they will accomodate you - you never know unless you ask....

Cheers!

PF

Ah right. I wondered why they were offering a discount if I took in the sliced up barracuda.

Back
Top Bottom