Diver identity - how to increase underwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One of the safety rules for diving in Spring Lake is that you have to wear what is essentially a yellow spandex bodysuit. It helps the glass bottom boat drivers spot you.

Wear one of those and I will guarantee that you will be "unique" on the dive.

The next two trips Im going to buy and wear some brightly colored fins. Im usually not far but sometimes she will look for me and forget to look up. I dont think fins will fix that but she asked....

I switched to orange dry gloves (they only come in orange and fit me the best). Buddy said today they're really visible. I call them my punkin gloves. :D

So far the only thing I regret buying are my fins. Not the model just wish I had got a colour other than black.

You can buy duct tape in a multitude of colors. You can find it a large auto parts stores. You could wrap some in a band around the base of your rental tank, taping the tape to the tape. The tape is about 3" wide, esp in yellow, orange, even white you are now clearly identifiable. The colored tapes don't leave sticky residues like the original stuff does.

Same effect can also be reached using brightly colored bungee cords, also sold at auto parts stores.

I'm not the only Duct tape aficionado in here...................Kewl

Back
Top Bottom