Diver from SC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jojodhutch

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey all! Current OW diver in upstate SC looking to get AOW soon and keep up diving! Found myself searching the forums as I'm looking into getting some of my own gear, most likely a bp/w first and then some regs. Always open to suggestions/advice!

Welcome to SB!
Dive safe.

Welcome to the forums! If you haven't already, I would buy a dive computer first -- using other rental gear is o.k., but nice to know how your computer works since it helps keep you within safety limits.

Hey all! Current OW diver in upstate SC looking to get AOW soon and keep up diving! Found myself searching the forums as I'm looking into getting some of my own gear, most likely a bp/w first and then some regs. Always open to suggestions/advice!
Where in SC are you located? If you're near Greenville area, reach out and I can help guide in person. If you're near Columbia then go to Scuba John's and talk with John Baker. That shop is set up for bp/w type gear and he is a great guy and instructor.

Where in SC are you located? If you're near Greenville area, reach out and I can help guide in person. If you're near Columbia then go to Scuba John's and talk with John Baker. That shop is set up for bp/w type gear and he is a great guy and instructor.
Can't go wrong with John! Excellent shop and crew. You can usually find them in lake Jocassee area. Best part: the store does not sell "fluff" gear and all instructors are good peeps. You may want to ping @stuartv for additional info.

Thanks, @mr_v.

@jojodhutch Hey, what tbone said. If you're near him, definitely take advantage. Tom is awesome and has been one of my mentors since I first started diving.

If you are near Columbia, we are happy to help at Scuba John's. John and Amanda (John's wife) are both top shelf tech instructors - and awesome people. We generally have some tech gear in stock, and can get anything we don't have in stock pretty quickly. We dive using doubles, sidemount, and rebreathers. We dive deep wrecks and caves. We teach any and all of that. If you're in the area, stop by and introduce yourself sometime!

I am also an instructor at Scuba John's and am happy to help in any way I can. Feel free to private message me, if you like.

Welcome to the forums! If you haven't already, I would buy a dive computer first -- using other rental gear is o.k., but nice to know how your computer works since it helps keep you within safety limits.
Thanks! I got a Mares Puck Pro a while back, and it has been working great!

Thanks so much for the offer. I'll definitely keep it in mind. As of now, I'm a Clemson student, so I will be taking AOW through the university which is facilitated by Upstate Scuba. Thanks for the recommendations!

Can't go wrong with John! Excellent shop and crew. You can usually find them in lake Jocassee area. Best part: the store does not sell "fluff" gear and all instructors are good peeps. You may want to ping @stuartv for additional info.
Awesome! The scuba club at Clemson frequents Jocassee maybe we'll see you guys up there one day!

Thanks so much for the offer. I'll definitely keep it in mind. As of now, I'm a Clemson student, so I will be taking AOW through the university which is facilitated by Upstate Scuba. Thanks for the recommendations!
If you are interested in bp/w type equipment, please reach out to me directly. I'm in Greenville and will be able to help you out. Just accept that I am one of the instructors for NC State so everything is red not orange

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom