Diver from Japan Remains on Life Support 2006NOV24

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cacia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
The diver aboard the Elysium suffered a massive heart attack, according to medical staff.

The captain reported a problem from the swim step to AAA owner Alex Mason who alerted the Coast Guard for emergency ambulance and coordinated his remaining 11 divers out of the water. CPR was initiated immediately and the AED was employed although field reports have it that the interpretation recommended no shock delivered. CPR continued throughout the channel where the ambulance awaited and assumed care.

The Elysium arrived to Kewalo Basin 12 minutes from time of the guest's arrest, from kewalo pipe dive site.

Family has been gracious and appreciative of the efforts made by Elysium staff to revive their loved one.

We send condolences and God's speed to the family and kudos for a job well done to the dive staff and passengers of the Elysium.

Best wishes to all involved......

Deepest Sympathy to the family!

My deepest condolences to the family of this victim... I'll say a prayer for him......

And kudos to Alex.... I have recommended him highly since I went diving with him but haven't felt the same admiration from divers that have been diving in Oahu... But I think Alex is amazing.... And this just shows how thorough he is.... Good Job Alex

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom