Diver drifts 40 hours before being rescued

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I was in Cayman three years ago, the dive op I used (no names) only had one employee the first day. He was the captain, deck hand, dm, and instructor and did this with all 4 divers at one time. My wife and I decided not to do the second dive and stayed on the boat because my ears were giving me trouble. The captain told us to watch the boat and that's when I realized that the other DM wasn't on the boat and that he had jumped off before leaving the dock. Very strange. They always had someone on the boat after this first day. This was a very large boat so I assumed another guy was on the top. So yes, it still happens, scary as it may seem.

Wow, scary thought. I dive solo sometimes off my boat, but I hand set two anchors with plenty of slope. But...it still crosses my mind.

Wow!!!

That is why I dive with a PLB ( Epirb ) in a dive canister , with built in GPS, dam 40 hours is a long time to be drifting at sea!

I just got a call from a Hollywood agent who wants to option the story if any Sharks were involved.

Please advise.

FLTEKDIVER:
That is why I dive with a PLB ( Epirb ) in a dive canister , with built in GPS, dam 40 hours is a long time to be drifting at sea!

Cool idea, where did you get it? Sounds like a great thing to have.

Charles

Aquanautchuck:
Cool idea, where did you get it? Sounds like a great thing to have.

Charles

http://www.boatersworld.com/product/396200412.htm

I bought this one, then put it into a HID canister that I bought off ebay, used for dive light's. Just remove the battery, and you got a PLB ( Epirb ) in a dive canister!!

We dive ALOT off my own boat, 90% of the time, so it's good to have

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom