"Diver Down" on NESN

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iAmLevis

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone ever seen "Diver Down" on ESPN? I guess it comes on at 10:30pm Sundays. I just happened to see it last night while I was surfing, waiting for Seinfeld. It was cool to see a familiar site (Folly Cove, in this case) on tv.... Then the local commercials came on and I saw Al from S.Shore Divers hawking his shop :)

They only showed Folly last night, but I saw in TV Guide that it's on next Sunday, too... Same time.

Anyone seen it before? Good show?

Yes, I've seen it. I think you may have caught it on NESN though (don't want to look for it on ESPN). It really is a good show. And seeing local diving spots on tv is always nice.

- eric

Yah, yah... NESN. That's what I meant :) Whichever is Ch 51 on comcast.

I try to watch it when I can. It's nice to see New England dive sites.

I still get a kick out of the DUI commercial they show...the president's name is Dick Long. Now, if my last name were Long, I wouldn't name my kid Richard, and if I were named Richard Long, I sure as heck wouldn't go by "Dick."

Here's the show website:

www.diversdowntv.com

I dunno, Soggy.... Dick Long isn't so bad. In official documents, you'd be "Long, Dick" :) Everyone's a winner. Now if Mr. Short, Mr. Crabby, Mr. IhaveNo tries to pull that stunt on his son.....

That's like when I was in high school, my brother played for our school's varsity basketball team. One of my buddies and I went to an away game and as we got into the gym, we were surrounded by a small group of freshmen who were waiting for us with the game program in hand to show us the name of the referree. Richard Less. We had some fun from the stands that game.

I knew there was a reason I got certified (recently) aside from just the pleasure of diving itself . . . funny stuff! My two cents was the local politician in Vermont where I went to college: Dick Sweatt. What's with all these pol's and the screwy names?! :)

Got so caught up laughing about your jokes and remembering Dick Sweatt that I forgot my original question.

Having recently got my card my appetite for anything scuba related has been insatiable. Regarding TV shows, are there any others on regularly (like Outdoor Life Network) aside from NESN (I'm in ATL, but a Bostonian at heart)?

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom