Diver dies in Islamorada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Then [-]perform your Moderator Duties[/-] use your Moderator powers and close the thread. Or am I missing something?

------

Sorry it came accross harsh but it really seems silly for a Moderator to complain about a thread and do nothing about it.

Medical moderator only. I cannot close or edit threads that don't contain unsafe medical advice. They don't trust me with the really big tools :)

Medical moderator only. I cannot close or edit threads that don't contain unsafe medical advice. They don't trust me with the really big tools :)

Then THAT I missed. Thanks for the clarification :D. And I would trust you with the big buttons. What could possibly go wrong :idk:?

Want me to give some really bad medical advice so you can close this trainwreck? I am here to help :wink:

Ah young Modawan, you've much to learn about dead horses. :wink:

Not the place for it guys.

Agree . . . how about deleting everything after 227 and closing the thread?

And thus should the thread end. There are 23 pages of batting this back and forth. The lesson has been learned and the dead horse flogged, sometimes gracefully and sometimes with an appalling lack of taste and manners. Let it go, folks. There will be another case to discuss soon enough.

Since Dom the husband of the diver has just shown to this thread and decided to participate in the last few days, I don't think the call to close it yours or anyone else's. I think a Mod should PM him and ask his thoughts on the matter. It may be therapeutic for him to continue the discussion or it might be therapeutic for him to say enough, but the call should be his.

I would agree with Duke Dive Medicine & Jax

We typically have protocols that we follow for the closures of threads. They are generally not closed at the request of anyone other than the OP.

While we appreciate everyone's participation, when people start to find the thread no longer useful to them, that doesn't mean others feel the same. To that end I would encourage anyone who no longer wishes to participate to go under Thread Tools at the top and click "Ignore Thread."

That way those that no longer wish to view it won't have to and those that wish to continue the discussion, may.

Is one to take away from your post that the family member's request is not in the protocols?

Is one to take away from your post that the family member's request is not in the protocols?

You may take away from it whatever you wish. However this is the A & I forum. As such it has rules and due to the often emotional content we normally discourage participation from family members.

Those that are willing to participate and do so within the rules are welcomed, but if every A & I thread was shut down because a family member requested it these discussions would soon cease.

If anyone wishes to continue a discussion of this topic, take it to site support. It is not appropriate to continue here.

Respectfully, if keeping the thread open provides a useful propose, then by all means keep it open. If it will just turn into fighting amongst the members is there really a point?

Either way, I am but a guest here and whether or not a thread is keep open is purely up to the operator and moderators.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom