Diver Died In West Palm Beach, Fl.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Who are you MAO?

Your typing skills lead me to believe you are a 10 year old child trying to troll these forums. If you are a close friend or family member to the victim you have my condolences.

I will not apologize for the statements I made. The instructor and the crew of the Narcosis both did their jobs. You ask where her dive buddy was, I can't answer this because I wasn't her buddy. I was the last person to speak to Deborah before she entered the water. If your are a family member and you want my opinion on what actually happened you may PM me. BEWARE: you may not like what I tell you.

Since this incident I have logged 18 dives, just came back from a six diver in Boynton. I highly recommend the crew on the Lagerhead, those old bastards are awesome!!!

I agree with BUGBAGGER. My thoughts go out to the families and individuals affected by this tragic event.
Since this incident I have logged 18 dives, just came back from a six diver in Boynton. I highly recommend the crew on the Lagerhead, those old bastards are awesome!!!
It is nice to see you are sticking with it! I think you are referring to Loggerhead out of Boynton, and if so those guys are indeed awesome!

I have dove off Narcosis a few times and plan to continue diving with them.

BugBagger makes many excellent points in a well-reasoned post.

I would only note, however, that while I orginally suspected fitness may have been an issue here, other news accounts describe her as a active and regular lap swimmer in good condition, so that may not be a factor. But I wasn't there, and did not know the diver.

I do recall a case, involving a writer I know pretty well, who was writing a story off a police report on a dive death that - while the cause had not been definitely determined - the details virtually screamed: embolism.
The published story did not say that, but included a boilerplate note at the end that many dive deaths are attributed to pre-existing but undiscovered medical conditions, or embolisms.

Relatives wrote in, saying how dare we suggest such a thing because the diver was "experienced" and "would never make a mistake like that."

Turns out, they considered "experienced" about a half-dozen dives. Medical examiner ruled: embolism.
Just sayin'.

1) Media reports are hearsay in court.
2) Results are not known yet, as atopsy results take up to 60 days.
3) Several lawyers have been engaged (from what I hear through the grapevine!), and will be doing a thorough investigation of this. So, I'm sure III, you will be getting a phonecall soon so be careful what you say, as everyone is held accountable on this trip.
MAO Sorry For you're grieving, everything makes peace-- in time.
Everyone else-- stop speculating what happened, something clearly went wrong and the lawyers and the court system will take care of everything.

1) Media reports are hearsay in court.
2) Results are not known yet, as atopsy results take up to 60 days.
3) Several lawyers have been engaged (from what I hear through the grapevine!), and will be doing a thorough investigation of this. So, I'm sure III, you will be getting a phonecall soon so be careful what you say, as everyone is held accountable on this trip.
MAO Sorry For you're grieving, everything makes peace-- in time.
Everyone else-- stop speculating what happened, something clearly went wrong and the lawyers and the court system will take care of everything.
The case will be settled, out of court, and we will learn nothing.

I have a hard time believing that if this in fact happened at 10' after 10 min. that there was anything anyone could have done to prevent this. Lawyers certainly couldn't have helped. However, I was not there.Please don't depo. me.

Everyone else-- stop speculating what happened,...

You are in the wrong forum to be making that statement. Spend some time here and you will find these discussions, if you will, are actually beneficial to a great number.

I believe Jim Fixx, world class runner died of a heart condition. Some pre existing conditions are never known until its too late. Not saying that is the case here. Just saying.

They can call all they want. I like lawyers about as much as I like cops:mooner:

Everyone held accountable? Thats funny. Accountable for what, if you don't mind me asking.

I don't want this to turn into some flamming rant board, but these last few post seem to be argumentive and agressive. Maybe I'm reading them wrong.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom