Diver Death I Australia?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

boomx5

Contributor
Reaction score
I was in my LDS today and I heard them talking about a diver who just died in Australia. I heard them say he ran out of air on a deep dive. I guess he was a good friend of one of the instructors there so I really didn't want to pry and seem insensative. I was just wondering if any one else has heard anything?

I haven't heard anything on the news, which is unusual as any serious injuries/death in 'advanture' sport seems fair game in Australian media.

I will ask today when I drop the tanks back after today's dive. Do you have any more information?

I talked with a guy in the shop yesterday who was a friend of the diver who passed. He told me it was not in Australia but somewhere north of Australia. He also told me that his friend was doing a deep air dive at about 160' and lost track of time when all of a sudden he was out of air. As far as his buddy is concerned according to the guy at the shop she swam right by and didn't now there was a problem. I might add that this is all second hand information from a friend of the individual who died. If get any more information I will give an update.

Back
Top Bottom