Diver dead after accident in Lake Ontario near Oakville

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do understand that this site is to educate divers if something happens. What I do not understand is those that have tried to belittle his credentials. He was a great person and yes, very dear to me, so reading some quotes that he was not qualified or ready to be there, or even one that he bought a course, should not be part of the post. Answers is what is wanted. Lies should be removed. Those who knew him and dived with him were friends. They do not take courses lightly and quotes like that are sad when posted. If they want to post to help, that that is what they should do.

While I don't doubt he was a "great" person, that does not necessarily mean he was trained for the dive he was on. And because he dived with friends doesn't mean he was in an appropriate dive situation, or dived according to his training. While we would like to have facts, all we have to go on at the moment is speculation, yours included, since you haven't provided anything further than what's already been posted.

How well again did you know him to know what he could or could not do he has been on deep dives if a fatality in your sport is a big deal keep it to that and stop putting the blame on the person that owns the boat until the facts are in.I have talked to both men that were with them many times.

Being on deep dives, and knowing how to, and being trained to deal with failures that can happen on deep dives are two different worlds..You can do 500 dives you are not prepared for and have nothing go wrong..But every time you roll off the boat, its like Russian Roulette...Pardon my bluntness, but whatever happened on this one, did not seem to be dealt with in a successful manor..As far as waiting for the facts to be in..they never will be..if they aren't in now..they won't be. EC made an appearance on the active Ontario board looking for donations, and was not heard from after..
Also, it doesn't seem like this incident has had too much affect on the people involved..looks like its business as usual for Aquaholic..I'm pretty sure if that were me, charters would be done for the year..

I do not dive and do not care to !!!! But knew him well. What do you know about him??

If you're not a diver, how are you able to ascertain his diving skills or level of training for the dive he was on? Have you taken classes, just didn't get certified?

How well again did you know him to know what he could or could not do? He has been on deep dives. If a fatality in your sport is a big deal keep it to that and stop putting the blame on the person that owns the boat until the facts are in. I have talked to both men that were with them many times.

What did both men have to say? Did they reassure you that it wasn't their fault? Did they known how the diver got into trouble?

BTW, adiverswife, I'm taking a wild guess that your the wife of the deceased..Do you think coming here and reading all this chatter is going to help the grieving process?

Great, so if he possessed the qualifications, and took training seriously, what was the catastrophic event that lead to his demise?
I do not think at this time anyone has that answer.It is an answer many would want. I am not here to stir your water. I only want those that feel the need to post untrue quotes about him to stop.I believe that all 3 knew what they were doing that day. I am not sure what went wrong or why it went they way it did. Is is extremely devastating to us that he is gone forever. It is also devastating what many are saying without facts.
I may not know about diving, but I do know about facts,and I have not seen much of that!

I do not think at this time anyone has that answer.It is an answer many would want. I am not here to stir your water. I only want those that feel the need to post untrue quotes about him to stop.I believe that all 3 knew what they were doing that day. I am not sure what went wrong or why it went they way it did. Is is extremely devastating to us that he is gone forever. It is also devastating what many are saying without facts.
I may not know about diving, but I do know about facts,and I have not seen much of that!

The other individuals involved damn sure should know what happened..

If you're not a diver, how are you able to ascertain his diving skills or level of training for the dive he was on? Have you taken classes, just didn't get certified?
Yes I took classes tried it and did not want to continue.
He did. I came on here to read, and maybe I should not have as it is extremely upsetting.
I am trying to understand why so many are saying he was not ready. He was!

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Please keep the discussion civil.
Any further name calling will result in thread bans.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Thread closed until further notice.

This forum is for intelligent discussion of accidents/incidents in order to learn from them and hopefully prevent similar accidents. While speculation often results due to lack of specific facts "blamestorming", name calling and general bickering is not allowed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom