Diver Attacked At Venice Beach!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lol... the evil pinfish!

the gangster pinfish "when the bait becomes the hunter" I think it was just trying to clean me? like coral cleaning stations?

More than one poor little peckerfish has had to look forward to passing an earring post after sucking the delicious looking thing from a diver's ear. Others discover the bilious crunchiness of moles or warts.

Recommend to hide the tender bits.

rebelmandziukan:
the gangster pinfish "when the bait becomes the hunter" I think it was just trying to clean me? like coral cleaning stations?

:rofl3: Are your ears that dirty? :D (only kidding!)

Bluegill are notorious for being viscious "nibblers" around here! They like ears, fingers, and, frankly, anything they can nibble at! I was feeding some fish at about 25' one day and I thought my husband was poking me in my back... when I turned, he was actually a few feet away waving some fishfood over top of me, and the bluegill were pecking at it on my back! I had turned to look into a big, hungry school of bluegill... and it took me completely off guard! Hubby was very proud of himself... laughing hysterically.:)

Those pinfish are opportunists over there at Venice Beach. Worse are the mantis shrimp.. don't go poking your finger in the hole!!

I still want to see a picture of said damaged ear! :wink:

Michael

Dude, me an ole biller got yer 6.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom