Diver Attacked At Venice Beach!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I never thought i would see the day when I would be attacked by marine wildlife but alas it has happened.I was bitten on the ear by a small fish with blue spots on the side.
There i was minding my own biz trying to look for shark teeth when i was vicously mauled by a 4 inch long monster! You may laugh but remember almost all salt water fish have teeth. It has left a u-shaped mark on my right ear and i am scarred for life. I called the police and they have an APB out on the suspect. Be careful if you see him he has a whole gang of buddies that he swims with.:rofl3:seriously it hurt like hell but it is really funny at least it was when i explaned the bruise on my ear at work.

rebelmandziukan:
I was bitten on the ear by a small fish with blue spots on the side.

no pictures of the attacker, huh?

how about a more detailed description for the APB: stripes? colors? bars?

though if i had to guess, i'd say some sort of damselfish

Damselfish are vicious ... pure evil.

Yup, I'd second Andy's damselfish theory.

I think it was a rabid, angry pygmy mermaid. They frequent Venice beach. Everyone knows that:)

it was silver with blue spots and yellow stripes.

rebelmandziukan:
it was silver with blue spots and yellow stripes.

would this be him?

Lagodon%20rhomboides%20(G).jpg

Don't laugh,.. happened to me too on a dive off Cozumel. Here I am just minding my own business at 60 feet or so and a parrot fish bit me on the hand. I was so shocked that I accidentally spit my reg out of my mouth (and didn't even know that I did it until I realized that I was holding my breath).

Cancun54-1.JPG

Attachments

• Cancun54-1.JPG
    Cancun54-1.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 58
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom