Diver Accident 4/17/2011 Monterey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My Deepest Sympathies to her family. Too many passings in so few days. I hope everyone who looks at this thread realizes that this sport has many risks. And even when we do everything right, there are times that a previously unknown condition that may pose some risk on land is magnified many many times underwater.

Thanks to those who brought her up. From personal experience being able to say goodbye at the time they go is a priceless gift.

May she rest in peace and may all of us look at the sport we love with a little more respect and realize just what it is we are doing when we drop below the surface.

I am so sorry, And torn up to hear this, I had the most respect and love for her, she helped with some of my classes and dove with me, and was/is a great friend!!

I will miss her very much!!

So sad for her family, friends, and the diving community. RIP Kristina.

I am heartbroken at this conclusion. I had been praying for a miracle. Kristina was one of the first people to welcome me to SB and while I never got to buddy with her - I only ever hear the very best things. You will be missed.

This breaks my heart...I had nothing but respect and admiration for her. Her enthusiasm was always apparent!

My thoughts and prayers to her family,friends and her son.

A sad day...

Can we start a fund for her boy...??

Regards,
Drew Larson

Please let me know if there is anything I can do. I have a close friend with much younger siblings who lost their father. We started a college fund for the young kids since we knew the hospital bills really cut into their savings. If people who knew Kristina better think that would be appropriate, then I would like to contribute.

Sincerely,

Katie

This is extremely sad news. I found out yesterday, and I couldn't believe it.

Kristina will be missed, as many have said, she was always happy, always smiling, always ready with a hug.

My deepest sympathies for her family and her many, many friends.

Dan and Dave, this must be extremely hard on you, but you did as much as it was humanly possible to do. Thank you very much for that.

Kristina, you will always be my buddy in spirit if not in person. I will miss you dearly my friend!

Paula

I'm shocked and saddened. :depressed:

RIP, Kristina.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom