Divemaster (utila dive center)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maxdufour

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey Guys,
I'm currently looking to do my divemaster in Utila dive center. It's look like an awesome place. Any thoughts on Utila and this diver center?
I have dived so far in Indonesia and Thailand. Are the dives better or similar?

Where in Indo and Thailand have you been diving? Many sites at Koh Tao were very poor in my experience and when compared to Caribbean diving, the Caribbean won easily. All of the Indo diving that I have done has completely blown the Caribbean out of the water, so to speak.😄

But Utila is a great place to get your dm and overall should be a good experience, depending upon what you're looking for and where you intend to act as a dm. If you are planning to dm in Canada, then taking your dm in a tropical location is a poor idea.

Are you going to spend your time learning to be a DM or were you looking for “great diving”?

I loved the month or so I spent diving with UDC. I did the Rescue course there, and while some of my classmates from Rescue when on to do DM and even IDC, I chose to enjoy the rest of my time there just diving.

Where in Indo and Thailand have you been diving? Many sites at Koh Tao were very poor in my experience and when compared to Caribbean diving, the Caribbean won easily. All of the Indo diving that I have done has completely blown the Caribbean out of the water, so to speak.😄
I've done koh tao, bali and nusa penida so far :)

I loved the month or so I spent diving with UDC. I did the Rescue course there, and while some of my classmates from Rescue when on to do DM and even IDC, I chose to enjoy the rest of my time there just diving.
And what about the diving itself? What can you expect to see? You enjoyed your stay on the island?

Are you going to spend your time learning to be a DM or were you looking for “great diving”?
I would say both of them, I want to learn to bc a dive master, i want to perfect my skills as a diver and i want good diving as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom