Divemaster Medical Release

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Juls64

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
For Divemaster (PADI), is a doctor's signature required, or is it still just required if you check yes to any of the questions?

J.

... but all of the dive professional ratings that I am aware of require a physical every two years whether you can check "no" in all the contraindication boxes or not. I do believe that this is an industry standard and ties into our liability insurance somehow.

Juls64:
For Divemaster (PADI), is a doctor's signature required, or is it still just required if you check yes to any of the questions?

J.

Yes the Divemaster must get a physical signed by a doctor. You can find the form in the Appendix of General Standards and procedures in your PADI instructor manual pages A5 and A6.

Juls64:

J.

You need a current physical regardless of your answers.

R..

for the quick responses. I'm at work right now without my Instructor manual to reference. We were having a little discussion about this and I knew I could get an answer here.

Juls

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom