Divemaster in SE Asia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been emailing with Crystal (Koh Tao) and Asia (Puerto Galera). Both have certification and materials/manuals included in price.

So what did you come up with a total price difference for your intended course (divemaster??) ?

Wasn't trying to be argumentative, just trying to figure out somethings myself, exchange rates, fee's, course materials, etc get confusing trying to track it all. FWIW, I'm looking at going all the way to instructor and that is one of the reasons I'm considering AD in PG.

Also, it's been a while since I've been in Thailand, but you used to be able to get a 30 day visa free by crossing a land border and coming back, from my understanding, they only give you 15 days for the land crossing now (though you can still get the 30 day if you arrive via air). In the Philippines you can extend 59 days at a time for less than $100 each time (it varies from 3-4000p) and is easy to do.

I'm sure there are people using fixers to take care of visa issues, but I've always tried to keep that part of things above board.

When I was in Tao we spent 400 baht a night for a simple room with hot shower but no A/C....that was 5 years ago though. I thought the diving was pretty good and we were there at the end of the low season/beginning of high....spent 2+ weeks.

OK, I took a better look at it.........Koh Tao (Crystal) is probably 25-30% cheaper than AD in PG......

So I guess the question is where do you want to go ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom