Divemaster Cert Card

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like the right card, but missing the Divemaster text at the top! I think you should get that replaced. Never seen that before. Very odd.

Whats the deal with the PADI Divemaster cert card? It don't have the word "Divemaster" any where on it. I was looking forward to seeing that on my new cert card. Oh well....I guess it does not matter.:shakehead:

Congratulations on earning your DM cert.

As a PADI Pro you should get a letter and contacts for your region in the mail at some point. You could also log into the PADI Pro site to find the right person to call or email to get a proper card sent. Divemaster should appear on the top. Maybe the card is for something else? Seems odd.

If you don't mind me asking, if you recently earned the DM cert why are you in inactive status? You must have paid your dues, at least for the first year to get the card.

Could become a collectors item but rather useless for now.

Looks a lot like a PADI Diving Society card, instead of a Divemaster certification.

Either way it is deffinatly a mis-print, or actually a non-print.

Do as previously suggested and request a new card, with any specialties you are certified for on it as well (i.e. Nitrox, dry suit, etc.)

Padi will list all pros as inactive until they receive confirmation of up to date insurance.

Insurance is not required in all regions. I have it, but it is optional in Thailand for example. That does make sense.

Insurance is not required in all regions. I have it, but it is optional in Thailand for example. That does make sense.

It's required in the US, as far as I know, to be active.

UPDATE: A call to PADI hopefully remedied the situation. PADI indicated that all their certification cards indicate the level of certification. My card was just one of those that got through without the level being printed on the card. They also did no put the “DM” in front of my number. A new card is on the way.
PADI also told me that they do not put other certifications on professional cards. i.e. Nitrox, drysuit. They said they only do this for nonprofessional certifications.

The only verbiage on this card that indicates training is as followed:
2009 NONTEACHING STATUS This instructor holds a current membership, but does not currently meet the specified requirements for teaching PADI-sanctioned courses. Expires 31 Dec. 2009

Back
Top Bottom