Divehaus in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Web Monkey

Omniheurist
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Someone recommended a place in Cozumel called Divehaus (maybe Dive Haus?), but I can't find anything on the web about them.

Does anybody have any experience with them?

Thanks!

You'll have better luck searching under "Dive House," the onsite op at the Fiesta Americana. Business is owned by Juan Leca, long time Coz dive industry mover & shaker and marine ecologist. Op does a very good job, but resort is quite far south. If you're an advanced diver, apply for their Experienced Diver Program. A bit costlier, but more diver freedom & more challenging sites.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

Doc V:
I think there is no end to your talent.

:)

I cannot say enough good things about Dive House. Personally I've taken about 6 groups down there and our operation has sent many more groups and individuals. No complaints that I'm aware of...Boats are big, tons of room, crew is very attentive and the operation is well managed. Boats range from big to small, so there's something for everyone. Juan and Evelyn are very easy to work with. AND the boats actually go out on time!!!!

Admittedly it's a little out of town, but the cabfares are reasonable and being out of town saves you a little grief when the cruise ships are in...

Restaurants are very diver friendly, after all they don't make much (if anything) off the cruise shippers. We've been made to feel very, very welcome at the local restaurants especially after they found out we were divers and staying on the island.

Overall, still one of my favorite destinations and it still is a pretty good bang for your buck, compared to other places...

With 4 trips to Cozumel behind me I can say I'm ready to go back. Having dove with Dive House, Dive Paradise, Alodora divers, and most recently Flash's Adventures. Truth be told I like the smaller operators better than some of the "divers en mass" boats of the bigger operators. Flash (Oswaldo) was really able to personalize your diving trip and try to give you the kind of diving you're looking for. Never more than 4-6 divers at a time, you name the site, and a good staff.

Also, the Fiesta Americana gets a big "thumbs-up". We have stayed there twice and had a great experience both times. Some travel agents can get an all-inclusive deal there. Highly recommended.

Coz. is full of good operators. I'm sure these board members can release a froth of info.

Have fun.

DocVikingo once bubbled...
You'll have better luck searching under "Dive House," the onsite op at the Fiesta Americana. Business is owned by Juan Leca, long time Coz dive industry mover & shaker and marine ecologist. Op does a very good job, but resort is quite far south. If you're an advanced diver, apply for their Experienced Diver Program. A bit costlier, but more diver freedom & more challenging sites.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

Hey, thanks!

That makes them a LOT easier to find!

Dove with them on two different trips down there, and had a great experience both times. The owners are nice folks, and the DMs are good.

Say "Hi!" to Francesco, Pirate, Manuel, and Jose. They are all great DMs.

Francesco is an especially nice guy. He's great!...I returned after a six month absence (I had only dived with him a few of times on our previous trip), and he remembered my name! Imagine how many divers he sees over a 6 month period...and as I was approaching the shop to check in and sign the waivers, he shook my hand, said hello and greeted me by name...I thought that was pretty impressive.

DiveDad once bubbled...
I cannot say enough good things about Dive House. Personally I've taken about 6 groups down there and our operation has sent many more groups and individuals. No complaints that I'm aware of...Boats are big, tons of room, crew is very attentive and the operation is well managed. Boats range from big to small, so there's something for everyone. Juan and

They really look like they're on the ball, and were very helpful when I emailed them.

They said the 2 tank dive us usually a reef dive and a wall dive. Has anybody here done the wall dive? How deep does it usually go in Cozumel?

I'm looking more for coral and critters than Voyage To The Bottom of the Sea, although it would be cool if it didn't go too deep.

During the pre-dive breifing they will tell you to level out at 80 feet. If you start to stray deeper, the DM will come retreive you and bring you back up.

The wall dives at are quite breathtaking(although you you gotta keep taking breaths down there :wink: )

If there are a few divers that it's their first dive of the trip and haven't dived in awhile, they will probably take you on two shallow reef dives (50' -70'), the first dive is sort of a check out dive so it's not real deep. Then, after that it's generally first dive is a deep wall dive(80' max) and second dive is shallow reef dive. Sometimes they will throw the wreck dive in if requested approx. (40' - 80'). the divers usually get to choose the dive sites.

Be sure to ask to go to any of the Palancar Reef dives and Santa Rosa Wall...these dives are pretty incredible!

You can do shore dives out in front of the dive shop. It's pretty flat with a few coral heads, but nothing major. It's not very breathtaking at all, but you can go at your own pace and if you look closely at the coral that is there, there are lots of little critters(eels, starfich sea cucumbers, urchins, and small fish., etc..). It's actually quite an interesting and pleasant dive.

..and Fiesta Americana (across the street) is a really nice place.

Back
Top Bottom