Divebags, how have they changed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don’t do cattle boats; however, for shore dives, I use two large plastic tubs that I carry in the bed of my truck. All of my stuff, minus cylinders, fits in one tub. After the dive, I put all the wet items in the other tub and the dry stuff I did not use stays in the dry tub. I carry a small tool bag in case I need it.

On boats, I use this for the gear (incl. wetsuit if that's coming). Drysuit comes in its own bag if it's that type of dive, or I might just put the drysuit on before boarding (possibly with the top pulled down).
[Weird, directly posted amazon links are being converted to "Media" tags...]
1675439455732.png

..... Any new trends or innovations?
Air Tags and 'Tiles' are a huge innovation for monitoring your dive luggage travels.

For day to day use, I still carry the worn canvas L.L. Bean boat-bag, that I have had since the late twentieth century, for my regulators, some tools, drinks, and dry clothes. Suits, BCs and catch bags are all carried in a Rubbermaid tub, along with other skin diving gear, to preserve the bed of my truck.

For travel and some local boat dives, I just carry a decent sized, though easily-stowed "dry" duffel bag, without any tell-tale dive flags or absurd 84-point "STEAL ME!" script, for airline check-in purposes; though all of my regulators and computers remain in a compact backpack, which doesn't leave my sight . . .

Air Tags and 'Tiles' are a huge innovation for monitoring your dive luggage travels.
Threw an AirTag in my checked bag when I went to MX in August. Put one in my carryon, too.

This bag for travel, a mesh bag for boat dives also a waterproof dry bag for my SAD kit.
expedition-series-duffel-bag-90l.jpg

I frequently dive off 5 charters out of Boynton Beach, Jupiter, and West Palm, FL. I have strong feelings about what folks bring on for gear transport.

I take all my scuba gear in a mesh backpack. After emptying, it fits very nicely under my seat along with my fins +/- my pony. I take everything else in a backpack and store it in the dry area of the boat. My SAD kit is in there in a Pelican case. The only loose item I take, when needed, is my wonderful TruWest boat coat.

It irks me to no end when people bring on containers that do not fit under their seat. This includes some wheeled duffel bags with stiff backs, most regular luggage, and oversize tubs. These items then litter the boat and prevent easy movement. This is particularly an issue when seas are up and movement is already difficult. Nothing like tripping over someone's bag. I wish that operators would control this situation and leave large containers at the dock or in the diver's vehicle.

For the van-- a big Rubbermaid bin.
For boat-- hockey bag. All weights in a big mesh bag.

My SAD kit is in there in a Pelican case. The only loose item I take, when needed, is my wonderful TruWest boat coat.

It irks me to no end when people bring on containers that do not fit under their seat.
Ditto This^^, the SAD is in a Pelican case in a small waterproof bag that fits under the seat, some boats here have an overhead rack.
Except the your coat, googled that and it look good, when it is cold enough here I take a Sharkskin jacket.
8113d13af705a7b736588c8e518afa15_360x.jpg

Back
Top Bottom