Dive Yellowstone Lake, Sunday August 10th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

g2

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello All!

I have a road trip coming up. On August 10th I'll be in Yellowstone NP with a day to kill. Not that I'll lack things to do... :wink:

I wasn't planning on bringing my scuba gear, but then I thought, hey, this would be a great time to dive Yellowstone Lake! All I need is a good buddy...

To make it worth schlepping my gear across the country -- and because I really like diving -- I'd like to do two dives. Check out my profile ("About Me") to see if we're a good match in terms of experience. If you want to give it a go, please PM or email me. I hit the road July 30th, so I need to make a decision before then.

Cheers,

glenn

Last edited:
Scientific diver hovering over an underwater vent
YELL-GUW-011.jpg

See: nps.gov/submerged : Submerged Resources Center, National Park Service, Denver, Colorado

With proper clearance I have been told you can dive all of the National Parks except one...Pear Harbor, it is a war grave.

I'm taking my gear with me on the trip... no more deadline. If you're planning on being in Yellowstone at that time, give me a shout and we'll do a dive.
: )

Yellowstone... and Glacier/Waterton NP on the 7-9th. Diving anywhere. :d

I sure hope you find a dive buddy...I would love to read a dive report.

Good luck.

Thanks, me too. I figured I would 'drive by' the dive sites and see if anyone's there.

UPDATE! :D

I'll be at Waterton Lakes (Canada side of Glacier NP) Aug 5-6, and the south end of Glacier NP Aug 7-9. There's good diving everywhere!

I'm still up for diving at Yellowstone on the 10th, maybe the 11th too.

Yeah, I saw them too; they're a 100 miles away in Jackson. And there's Yellowstone Divers in Cody, WY.

Hmmm... There's just one of me, on a tight budget. I have a hunch I can't afford to pay for a guide from that far... If the cost could be split across several divers, ya, I'd probably go for it.

g2:
Yeah, I saw them too; they're a 100 miles away in Jackson. And there's Yellowstone Divers in Cody, WY.

Hmmm... There's just one of me, on a tight budget. I have a hunch I can't afford to pay for a guide from that far... If the cost could be split across several divers, ya, I'd probably go for it.

Gotcha...I hope it works out for you.

Back
Top Bottom